With integrity, Hamlin Electric Company, Fort Morgan, CO, provides quality projects, exceeding customer expectations by expanding upon our expertise to be the supplier of choice in all of our markets, while being a safe and great place to work!
Safety As A Core Value
At Hamlin Electric Company, we feel that safety is the most important core value of our company. We truly value the lives, health, and safety of our employees, and have a sincere desire to ensure that each and every one of them return home to family and friends injury-free at the end of every workday. Creating and maintaining the safest possible work environment for our employees is the beginning of everything we do at Hamlin Electric Company.
At Hamlin Electric Company, Safety Is A Core Value.
Transmission, Alternative Energy, and Line Builder Safety Program Summary
- Written Safety Policy and Procedures
- Drug Free Workplace Program
- Pre-employment, post accident, for cause, random
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- Hazard Communication Policy
- Written Accident/Incident investigation procedures
- Near-miss incidents investigated
- New employee orientation
- IBEW/NECA trained and qualified workforce
- Trained employees
- Driver’s training
- OSHA 10 and 20 hour training
- Climbing certifications
- Pole top and bucket rescue training
- CPR/First aid training
- Personal protective requirements
- Fall protection requirements
- Monthly safety training conducted by Safety Director, Kalem Celestino
- Weekly safety training conducted by crew foreman
- Daily tailboard discussions
- Daily job hazard analysis
Hamlin Electric Company is the power line construction contracting leader in the field of safety. “I Am Safety” isn’t just a slogan, it is the way we approach every job. Because we truly value the lives, and the overall safety, of our employees, and desire to ensure they all go home safely every day, we work hard to provide them the safest possible work environment.
Hamlin Electric Company displays a commitment to safety by adhering to these and numerous other daily work habits:
- Plan work, address potential hazards, avoid risk taking
- Follow and obey established rules and procedures
- Personal protective equipment worn as required and energized parts covered
- Remove, repair, and report safety hazards
- Handle hazardous materials accordingly
- Continuous training to prevent incidents
- Inspect and operate vehicles and equipment properly
- Report and investigate incidents immediately
- Advance emergency response planning
- Individual responsibility for a safe work environment
Our safety record reflects this commitment, and Hamlin Electric Company has proven itself to be a safety leader in this industry, not only by implementing some of the newest and most innovative ways to plan for, and manage safety in the field, but also through performance.